Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Performance issue with Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 3

Performance issue with Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 3

I am running into performance issues with this version, and I hope someone can give me a clue as to how to fix it. I have about 5300 contacts in my database, with about 255 activities on my calendar. During my calls it takes an unreasonable amount of time from the moment that I click the Calendar icon, before the calendar appears. My new computer, a Dell Optiplex 980 is running a 3.33 gigahertz Intel Core i5 660, with 3576 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory. So I know that I have plenty of resources to run the program.

Any opinions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

Bronze Contributor

Re: Performance issue with Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 3

Neil there are many factors which could influence the delay,

Is it a shared database on network or local

Are you only looking at a single calendard on multiple

Number of activities

Run maintenence on the database

You should open and test the demo database to get a comparison

Just a few thoughts

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Pat,

We are running multiple copies of the program, with a weekly synchronization to our file server. However, I am the only person currently running the program. I have a local copy of the database on my desktop machine that I work from on a daily basis. I am only working off a single calender.

I have used ACT for many years, and have run much larger databases with much better results.

Do you see any suggestion that can help?

Neil

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello NeilN,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

You mention having 255 activities on the calendar.  Are they all on the same day?  Or spread over a short timeframe?  Having a large number of activities on a single day can cause response time delays.  If these activities are 'To-Dos' or other types set to timeless (not dependent on date/time), you can use the Monthly calendar view and drag/drop activities to other dates to spread the workload and see if the response time improves.

Greg Martin
Sage