Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Performance ACT 2007

Performance ACT 2007

I'm running ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1, standalon on a laptop.  The PC has 1.5GB of RAM.   When I am re-scheduling a call the wait is a real pain and I get an ACT not-responding message.   It is just very slow and getting to hinder how I work.  The DB has almost 1800n records.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Performance ACT 2007

How many activities do you have scheduled for each day?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello Roy.  I keep rack of all the accounts my sales guys are calling on.  I then schedule calls and will be reviewing lots of accounts and I store them as calls for that day.  So, I could have 75 or more calls for one day.  ?

PS Roy, I just checked and tomorrow I have 85 scheduled calls.   Lots are stacked at 2 that is my call with a sales guy.

Platinum Elite Contributor

That number of activities in one day will cause performance issues rescheduling activities. I have a client that also runs about that number of activities and he just upgraded to ACT! 2009 and he says it's better, still a bit slow but better.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you Roy.   I'm a very bland user don't really use that many features so sounds like I've caused my own problems.  Thank you.