11-18-2008 06:59 PM
Not sure if anyone has had strange issues in history not showing up when performing an upgrade or any other type of operation. I did, got no support, solved on my own. What I did:
I added our DB to an MSDE instance following the instructions posted. Upon doing such, user history did not show up anymore. This is what I had to do to fix:
1. Go into Outlook and remove the ACT! address book
2. Close Outlook
3. Go into ACT! and log into your DB
4. Goto Tools/Preferences and select email setup
5. When it lists the address book MAKE SURE you select Edit. It may show the wrong username/password pair
6. Finish up the Wizard
7. Close out of ACT!
8. Start ACT!, create an email
9. Check the history
It should now work.
FYI: I also followed all of the steps listed in ensuring the database was not corrupted (fix and re-index).
FYI2: By setting up MSDE on our server, I cut down Outlook load time from over a minute to approximately 30 seconds on a 180MB database.
Hope this helps someone.