Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending steps not visible in Pending Smart Task Steps screen...

Copper Contributor

Pending steps not visible in Pending Smart Task Steps screen...

I have many pending smart task steps but they are not visible, anyone know why?

Note: this is my 4th post, I have not received a response to the first 3.

I am beginning to wonder if I am in the right forum and or the right section of this forum.

It is discouraging not to receive a reply.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Pending steps not visible in Pending Smart Task Steps screen...

Hi David,

Smart Tasks didn't work properly until the service pack 1 Hotfix 4 or thereabouts. Can you go to Help | About ACT! and provide your version number? I don't know if this is the cause, but if you're 13.0., that is probably the reason.

Copper Contributor

Hi Kumar, thanks for getting back to me. Here is the version:

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

Copper Super Contributor

Is it possible for you to update to Hotfix 4? I've never heard of this particular problem, and can't find much on it.

Hotfix 4

Also, can you completely delete all preferences manually.

Manually delete preferences

Let me know how you go with this.  My first name's Raahul, you can use that.

Copper Super Contributor

Fixed link for Service pack 1 Hotfix 4

Hotfix 4

Copper Contributor

Figuered out the problem but it appears that this is only one of the myrad of deficiencies in Act! Smart Tasks that I hoping that will improve on in 2012. I am beta testing and I have just posted the following (let me know your thoughts):

David

Serious Smart Task Problems...

[ Edited ]

Many but here are just a few:

Cannot choose to cancel a Step. Think about it: You've spoken to the client in the interim and an Smart Task Step pops up for you to make a call, the options are "Call Completed", "Call Received", Call Left Message & Call Attempted" NO option for "Call Not Made" or better yet "Call Cancelled". To make matters worse, one cannot delete a call Step without canceling every Step the follows, effectively canceling the Smart Task. 

Same with the Email Step, you either send an email, whether you need to or not, or you must cancel the Smart Task. 

Luckily the "To Do" activity has a "Not Done" even thought it would be convenient to simply cancel but at least one can continue the Smart Tasks by choosing "Not Done"

How bloody infuriating. Did no one think about the likelihood of changes happening between the inception and the end of a Smart Task, which could be weeks, months or years. 

Yes, there are many more deficiencies, no options to remove complete ST, not options to cancel more than one ST at a time...I could go on. 

I think this feature has tremendous potential and it is sad to find these dumb deficiencies.

Before I can recommend this product to colleagues I would like to know if these and other annoying bugs will be fixed prior to the release. 

I find it disconcerting that there aren't more complaints, makes me wonder how many testers are taking the time to delve into Smart Task cause if they did they would realize that Act! Is not nearly ready for prime time. 

Skilled Commentator

I have the same ACT bug. My Pending Smart Task Steps pop up is in the Windows Task Bar but I cannot open it. I can right click close but it keeps coming back. So Infuriating. Another ACT bug that you get no Tech support for... If I go into Manage Smart Tasks - Status i see hundreds of tasks in In Progress - Awaiting User. Too many to cancel individually. Anyone??????
Copper Contributor

I am impressed that you are using Smart Tasks, after much research, calls to technical support and some frustration I have decided that this feature is not worth the effort. It is surprising that a new development with such promise was marketed at such at this early stage of development. This not ready for prime time introduction will do nothing but warn Act! users to be wary of new features.

Skilled Commentator

No advice on how to blow all the Pendings away.
Copper Contributor

Sorry no advice. Your post brought back memories of my frustration trying to set up and use ST, hence the rant.