Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Hi Seamus,

We haven't had any other reports of this issue, so I expect that there is some kind of environmental factor causing it. Our support team can certainly take a look and perform some additional troubleshooting. The phone number for support is 866 873 2006. I included this in my previous post, and also in an earlier post on the first page.
Highlighted

Re: Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

For any other users who are getting frustrated with this issue. turns out that if you make ANY change to an emarketing template, that you must recreated the entire Smart Task that uses that template!!!  Not a good solution or even workaround for real marketers trying to use the smart tasks.

There was a voice message from an "Andy" that you should confirm this with Gary so it is easier to provide your tech support.  I still need the exact steps as he left a voice message that was not clear.  He also said a fix was coming - would love to know if that is being fixed now or "on the list" for sometime in the future.

Highlighted

Hi Gary, I still have not connected with the tech rep who left this message and it was not entirely clear what the workaround was.  Do I have to recreate ALL Smart Tasks?  Can you please reach out again and get confirmation so that I can be 100% sure what I posted as the workaround is actually what it is?  I'd prefer Act! tech support to do this, but that does not seem to be happening.

Thanks much for your help, Seamus

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Seamus,

For us to understand the problem fully and give you the correct advice, we really need to better understand what exactly is going on and when it's happening. The best way to do this would be for you to give our technical support team a call when you're available, quoting your ticket number, so we can see the issues in person.

The issue that the technician spoke about on the phone, was the known issue of the emarketing smart task steps requiring you to re-select the chosen template after trying to edit the step for any reason.

Clicking the highlighted button will require you to reselect your template in the window that opens.Clicking the highlighted button will require you to reselect your template in the window that opens.

Highlighted

WORKAROUND AVAILABLE!

Wish I knew this months ago.  If other users run into this issue, it is a bug and the workaround is to recreate your ENTIRE smart task if you update an eMarketing template taht is used in the smart task.  Don't just delete and add back in the emarketing step, recreate the entire smart task.  It was also recommended to delete any of the other smart tasks that included the emarketing template that was updated.

Hope to see this issue fixed very quickly as the workaround is not fun.

Thanks, Seamus

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Seamus,

I've spoken with the technician you spoke with, and to clarify, you can change an emarketing template (in the template editor) without needing to recreate any part of the smart task. If you were to edit part of the smart task, then it might be best to recreate it, but you can edit emarketing templates without touching the smart task feature in Act!.

If you need to change part of an emarketing template which is used in a smart task, simply log in to emarketing using the emarketing button on the left hand toolbar of Act!, then click Edit Templates. After changes are saved, the smart task will use the latest updated version of the template. No editing of the smart task itself is required.

Hope this makes things easier for you.