Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Highlighted

Re: Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

I tried that before when I first got Act but there doesn't seem to be good communication between the eMarketing group and the SmartTask support team  Got different answers and they pointed fingers!  Now this seems to land in the middle so who's bug is it?

Highlighted

Re: Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

I have the Basic subscription until I get this working.  How do I turn on the Call List Option?  I see it is available in the Basic edition, but cannot see where to turn it on.

Highlighted

Gary, after spending hours on this and still having pending smart tasks for emarketing campaigns, can you please see about the following?  We are a software company as well so understand the issues and priorities, but we are now forced to look at MailChimp outside of Act based on this frustration.  

1. Pending Smart Tasks - when this dialog is open and you try to access Manage Smart Tasks in Act orvia the dialog - Act Crashes.  The CPU goes very high and then there are multiple "Do you want to send error report..." messages.  Simpler to open Task MGR and kill the ACT processes.

2. Pending Smart Tasks with Send email Campaign's that are waiting - explain WHY they are waiting and simply give the user the option to select campaigns to run and ONLY prompt for the password once - not every 20seconds for each new campaign to run.  THIS should be an easy fix and help with the bug above in #1 when it occurs.

3. In the Reports Campaign - have a button to easily access the users (emails only are fine) the campaign goes to.  Jumping through these hoops is not easy, does not work, and should not be required.

Thanks, Seamus

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Gary,

Update after recreating the campaigns as you suggested, only 20 of the contacts were sent the email and the other 21 in this case, did not!  Is there a limit in the code as to how many can get sent?  I am way below the 500 so that should not come into play.  It looks like a sort of the 41 by company indicates they are sent alphabetically by company - is that true?

Thanks, Seamus

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Seamus,

Check out this Knowledgebase article on how to add features like the call list to your emarketing account.

For the issues with the smart tasks, I don't believe there is an issue with the emarketing platform in play here, rather the Act! software itself is running into an issue with the smart tasks features.

From the information you've provided in this thread, the next troubleshooting step I'd suggest would be a reset of the Act! preferences. You can follow the steps in this article under the heading Manually Rebuilding the Preferences to do this.

If you need further help on this issue, I'd strongly suggest reaching out to Act! support, and direct the technician to this thread so they can see the work we've already done.

Regarding viewing campaign reports, you can quickly access the email addresses the campaign was sent to by clicking View Reports in the emarketing window in Act!, clicking the campaign, then clicking the eye icon in the top right of the Overview section.

Highlighted

Thanks Gary, but the eye is not doing anything.  Shows a dialog with Overview Details and No Reports Available!  No email listing. Then a field to Email Reports to.

A user experience issue here - would be so easy to simply list them in the report dialog instead.

Highlighted

And using the knowledge base to UPGRADE shows a web page with just this:

Search Results

No items found.

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Seamus,

I'd suggest contacting our emarketing support team to get help with these issues. They can be reached on 866 873 2006.

Highlighted

Hi Gary,

Still trying to make this work and eMarketing stated that since I can send eMarketing messages without any problem, it is the Smart Task support team that needs to fix the bug.  Is there someone that can take a quick look at my setup to see what the problem is or has this been identified as a bug and is there a scheduled fix for it?

Thanks,

Seamus "frustrated"

Highlighted

And please help by providing phone number for support or have them call me.  Just a random "call support" is frustrating to users and is like a "go fish" response.  Thanks