Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Smart Tasks open in Pending dialog for each eMarketing message to be sent.  And each requires a separate PSWD to be entered after the first is run.  Very tedious and time consuming.  

1) Why aren't these emailed automatically?

2) Why does each one require a separate password to be entered?

Thanks, SM.

Using:

Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0, Update 4

Office 2016

Administrator

Re: Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Hi SM,

If i'm understanding the issue correctly, it sounds like the password saved in the Send Email Campaign step of the smart task has changed and needs to be updated.
Edit the Send Email Campaign step and make a note of the important details (subject, template name etc.), then delete the step and re-add it. This will ask you to log in again, and should save the updated password so that it doesn't need to prompt you again when it comes time to send the campaign.

Re: Pending Smart Tasks - Why aren't these sent and why does each one require a separate password entry?

Thanks, Gary.  I just did the EDIT of the task and it prompted me to login and then I had to reset a couple fields that don't look like they were remembered (template to send).  Doesn't that save the password or do I have to delete and add again?  If I have these already in progress, will those that get triggered when this task is due use the new password saved or do I have to start the smart task over again?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

When you are adding the step, it won't remember any details. Every time you add a Send Email Campaign step to a smart task, it will ask you to log in, however the sending of the email should not require you to log in again.
Currently pending smart tasks may still ask you to log in, but future triggered ones should not need to.

To clarify, did EDITing the step in smart tasks save the PSWD for me or do I have to DELETE the step and ADD again for it to remember the PSWD?

Thanks

Administrator

I'm not 100% certain, so I would recommend deleting the step, then re-adding it.

[ Edited ]

I got an email asking if this issue is closed.  So I checked the emarketing campaigns and I cannot see WHO was sent the emarketing campaign?!  I must be looking in the wrong place - how do I see which emails (contacts) were sent which emarketing campaign?

Administrator

Hi SM,

If you have the Call Lists feature enabled on your Act! emarketing account, you can do this by selecting the campaign name in the tab within the Emarketing window of Act! This will load the lists of included contacts and allow you create a lookup from the list.

Attentively, if you don't have the Call Lists feature, you can use the Universal Search to look for a history entry containing the name of the campaign. These history entries get added to contacts included in the campaigns after clicking the Emarketing toolbar menu > Update Campaign History.

A third way to see the contacts included in a campaign is to click on "Track" within the Emarketing window in Act! This will then open the online campaign reports. Click the campaign, then click the eye icon in the top right of the Overview section. You can then export the list of contacts who were included, and also the results of the campaign.

Hi Gary,  I deleted and created new emarketing tasks and they too are now in the pending bucket awaiting me to manually run and add my password for each one.  This is very frustrating.  When I try to look at the pending smart tasks to learn more, Act crashes.

Is it possible to do a screen share so you can help get this resolved faster than this forum back and forth?

Seamus

Administrator

Hi Seamus,

If you have an Act! subscription or a support contract, It's possible to get remote support directly though our technical support line. You can reach us on 866 873 2006.