Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Peachtree and Act Link

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Peachtree and Act Link

I am signed into my Act database. I am the administrator yet when I run the Accounting link setup, enter my peachtree password in the pop up login window, it says I need to sign into act with a user that has permission to use the accounting link. Any ideas? I am the administrator I should be able to do that.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Peachtree and Act Link

thanks, but I think either forum works as:

1. The programs are made by the same company

2. The link is used within Act and not Peachtree.

I figured it out. Had nothing to do with Admin right in Windows. Basically the rights must be set to full access in Peachtree.

Thanks anyways.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

If you are running this on a Vista or Windows 7 operating system, try running ACT! 'as administrator'.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on the ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator' > test Peachtree link.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Since the Peachtree Link is designed and supported by the Peachtree team, it would also be a good idea for you to post your question in the Sage Peachtree Online Community.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

thanks, but I think either forum works as:

1. The programs are made by the same company

2. The link is used within Act and not Peachtree.

I figured it out. Had nothing to do with Admin right in Windows. Basically the rights must be set to full access in Peachtree.

Thanks anyways.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. It's fine to post any future issues regarding the ACT! Peachtree link here, but since the Peachtree forum is moderated and contributed to by Peachtree support, posting there would also be a good idea. The ACT! Support team does not support the Peachtree link, since it is part of the Peachtree software family.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.