Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Payroll updates - Sage Peachtree

Payroll updates - Sage Peachtree

[ Edited ]

After I close Peachtree Accounting, it begins to install the latest payroll update.  I am very familiar with this process.  However, I keep getting an error message that says:   Sage Peachtee is currently runing on this computer.  You must close Peachtree before running setup.  Setup will now exit.

I am the only user on Peachtree.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to get this corrected.

[edit - added 'Sage Peachtree' to subject]

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Payroll updates - Sage Peachtree

[ Edited ]

Hello Lhatfield,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Unfortunately, you have posted in the Sage ACT! Community - which does not support the Peachtree product.  You will want to visit the Sage Peachtree Online Community and post your issue there.

I'm not familiar with Peachtree or the update being applied, but you will want to check the Windows Task Manager to ensure Sage Peachtree is not running before attempting the update. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Payroll updates - Sage Peachtree

Are you signed as the administrator on your computer operating system?  If not, you cannot update the Peachtree program.

Vista systems are the worse.  Even though you think you are the administrator, the system does not like to relinquish its rights.  Check with your IT guy if this is the issue.

Shirley Byard / SCByard@gmail.com
Sage Peachtree (Sage 50) Certified Consultant , Certified Trainer & Full SERVICE -Sage Solution Provider.

We now have awesome upgrade pricing available on Sage 50 Accounting. See our blog for more details
Early Bird Upgrade Pricing