Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Password

Password

I set up a separate database quite a while ago and now can't access it because I've forgotten the password...

How do I get around it ?

Re: Password

You will need to contact ACT! Technical Support.  They can remote in to the machine and use a special utility to reset the password so you can gain access to the database.

ACT! Technical Support

(800) 927-3989

Monday-Friday

8:30am - 8:30pm EST

This happened to me on numerous occasions.  I do not have a password. The last time I contacted Tech support they accessed my computer remotely and opened up the administrator (not supposed to) and left a mess in my computer that required a software engineer's visit to my computer.

What should I do? Pay for support? Was told today by a Jaime in customer support that since I received a complimentary support call last October, I was sent to a "low" level technician in India.  After an hour of not been able to resolve the issue, I was transfered State side and the issue was resolved but with the above consequence. 

Today I tried to open up the database and it asked for the password again...

Very frustrated and tired of receiving emails asking to upgrade to another version.  I have 2008.  Hope someone at Sage in upper management is reading this.  A happy customer may not refer any business, an unhappy one will tell 100 people not to use it.

Did you recently apply an update to ACT! or create another user in the database?

No.

The database had not been accessed for a while nor had ACT been opened for a while.