Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Password problem on database restore

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Password problem on database restore

I upgraded to version 11 from 9 a few months ago and now are being asked for a password. "Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password and try again." I can not leave both fields blank or log in with my user name and a blank password. Restore, import, save as do not work. I can open the demo and create a new database but can not open my old one. If I uninstall ver 11 and reinstalled ver 9 I do not need a password. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to upgrade and use my old database?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Password problem on database restore

Are you typing in the correct user name?  If you still have ACT! 2007 (9.0) installed, you can verify the user name by going to Tools > Manage Users. 

Review this KB article on ways to recover your user name.

ACT! Username or Password Recovery

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Are you typing in the correct user name?  If you still have ACT! 2007 (9.0) installed, you can verify the user name by going to Tools > Manage Users. 

Review this KB article on ways to recover your user name.

ACT! Username or Password Recovery

I never had a user name or password on the earlier version.  The upgrade is causing me the problem.  Should have stayed with the older version.

There will always be a user name for the database.  When creating a  database, it is mandatory to input a user name.  The password is optional.

David, thank you.  After entering my log in name without a passord, it opened.....thank YOU!!  Tom

Glad to help! 

Iam having the same problem but the so,it ion didn't work for me! Another thoughts?