Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Password for Database - URGENT

Password for Database - URGENT

Hi:

I set up a username and password for the database I was working on at home. Now I have transferred the database to a new computer and cannot remember the user/password I created. Does ACT have these things on file? I am frantic.

-Rachel

Nickel Contributor

Re: Password for Database - URGENT

ACT does not keep a record of users and passwords. These are all stored locally and built into your database.  You have a couple options. You can continue to try and remember your username and password and hope to get lucky.

ACT does offer  a username/password recovery service. Check out the following artice for information

http://fyad.org/vpqx

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Do you know if there is a way that they ask for user names and passwords. (i.e. a combination of caps, numbers etc). This would at least help me a bit.
Nickel Contributor

The default settings in ACT do not have any requirements for a set number of caps or letter/number combos.

Usernames are usually capitalized so be sure to fill in first and last name properly when you enter it.  I do believe ACT pays attention to capitalization so try the same password both ways.

Good luck!

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

are user names usually full names?
Nickel Contributor

The user name is USUALLY the first and last name of whomever you set up as a user.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA