Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Password Reset

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Password Reset

I installed the 2010 version and upgraded the database. When I marked the D/B shared and added a new user, the next time I opened the D/B it required the host's logon and password. Since this was an upgrade from Act 3.0, all the logon and password information was lost over the years. I called the support line and the person from India said I had to fill out a form and upload my D/B. When I called back the next person said I had to fax in the form. I asked for an alternative way to get support and she indicated call the repair line. Now I am waiting for a call back from the repair support. After 2 hours still waiting. I can't believe in this year we have to wait hours to have a support person call back to reset the password. Why doesn't the Installation Guide and software warn the user of this when you start the share process??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe Stanek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Password Reset

Greg Hollister resolved the problem within a few minutes. Maybe Sage could design a solution where by the customer could obtain the current passowrd via e-mail and elminate the call to customer support.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

Probably not what you want to hear, but many consultants provide this type of service if you desire.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

For the login, try your name and no password.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

Probably a better idea, thank roy
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe Stanek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Greg Hollister resolved the problem within a few minutes. Maybe Sage could design a solution where by the customer could obtain the current passowrd via e-mail and elminate the call to customer support.

I have the same problem.  I cannot restore a backup because I don't know my user name and password.  If you solved this problem, I'd appreciate it if you could post the solution.

Platinum Super Contributor

If you have access to the original database, you can open it and go to the Tools > Manage Users option to determine the username. Generally the User Name is the same name displayed on your 'My Record'. Try variations of your name: 'first last', 'firstinitial last', 'firstinitiallast', etc...

When you previously opened the database, if you were not prompted for a password, there is no password.
Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Password Problem

Moved to new topic on same board - not relevant to current topic