Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Password Lost

Password Lost

All of a sudden I cannot open my largest database because it's asking me for a password.  I am running Act Pro and am the only user, so I am the "administrator."  How can I find my password and open my database. 

I have another database that opens with no problem.  I have no idea how this happened!  HELP PLEASE!! 

RJM

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Password Lost

RJM,

if you did not set a password, then you must be sure to use the right username, as if you have a typo, or using a false name, you will recive exactly the same error msg

if you are insecure about the username used, go to the program actdiag, go to database Report, there check user logins. you will then recive a text file that shows you all users with login names

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Thanks for your reply.  I cannot locate the actdiag you speak of.  I am not well versed in anything except using the program.  Further advice appreciated. 

Reggie 

Ingo:  Thanks for your attempt to help me!  I'm in a bind here!  I'm a "one man" shop, no employees, and an Act! user since the mid 80's.  Note I said "USER."  

Once I started my own company, I purchased versions of Act for my private use.  There are no other users that have access to my databases, only me. 

My largest database keeps asking for a password.  I never, to my knowledge, established a password.  I'm currently locked out of my database and I'm not really familiar with the Administrator options in Act.  I just need to determine how to get access to my contacts again.  

Any further help or advice you can supply would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance, 

Reggie 

Platinum Elite Contributor

The user name in a datavase such as yours is typically your name. Try your first and last name and leave the password blank. If that doesn't work use other variations of you name (with middle initial, etc,) while leaving the password blank. You might even try just your first name. See if that helps.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy:  Thanks for the reply.  Tried all you suggested.  No luck. 

Copper Elite Contributor

the program actdiag.exe is located in the same folder where, act is

(standard locations)

c:\program files(86)\ACT\Act for Windows

if you do not find it, you may want to consider to book professional help, on this page you can find a partner that will be able to help you via a remote session or depending on your location face to face.

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040