Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Part list not linked

Part list not linked

Good Morning All,

We updated our part list that we use with quoting from the opportunity tab. Somehow it's not linking to the quote. We can enter parts and all that, but when we click create quote it opens a pre-filled document with our customer information but the parts are in the quote.

Does anyone know how we can get this fixed.

Administrator

Re: Part list not linked

[ Edited ]

Hi TGWint,

Are these parts not appearing in the Products/Services tab in Opportunities?
Are you using any third-party addons for your quoting?
You can find more detailed info on modifying quote templates in the following Knowledgebase article: KB 13960 - How to Create and Modify Quotes in Act!

Good Morning,

The parts will show up in the product tab, but once we click the icon to create a quote they aren't transferring over to the embedded excel sheet

Administrator

Hi TGWint,

Have you or anyone else made any changes to the Quote.adt or Quote.xlt files? Perhaps a change was made that broke the products table from updating correctly.

Please can you test using a new quote template? You can do this by creating a new database (File > New Database), then create a new test contact and opportunity. Add a product and test creating a quote. Does the product appear in the quote?

[ Edited ]

we did make a  slight change. on our spreadsheet we have a column that is listed as Price. we changed it to Price/each.

I'll try to make a new quote, i'll be honest i'm not 100% fluent with program as of yet. Just recently took this over from someone that left company.

Thanks,

Administrator

Is is possible to change the column names. Just be sure to follow the instructions in the article I posted above. Be sure to test the default works first before trying to modify it.

Don't worry about not being familiar with the software. We're here to help.
We offer phone and chat support with all our subscriptions if you need some hands-on help, or you can contact an Act! Certified Consultants for more services.