Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PanelTabs(Panel) lowers little by little every time Act! 8 is loaded.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

PanelTabs(Panel) lowers little by little every time Act! 8 is loaded.

Hi. Each time I start Act! 8, the PanelTabs(Panel) sinks about 150 or so pixels down. Wherever I leave it when I close the program, the next time I start the program, the panel is lower. 

This only is happening on my Windows 7 machine running at 1360x768 resolution. Does not happen on WinXP machines running 1024x768.

Please advise!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: PanelTabs(Panel) lowers little by little every time Act! 8 is loaded.

Hello Jengland,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Your issue is most likely being produced by the resolution of you monitor.  If you have changed the DPI setting to something other than 96DPI (Normal), it can corrupt the Act! Preference files and cause the layout behavior you described.

Here is an article describing the steps for rebuilding your Act! Preference files.  Before rebuilding them, try resetting the DPI to 96 and see if that resolves the issue.  This article also contains steps for checking your DPI setting.

Rebuild Act! Preferences/Mini Calendars

Note: If you have to rebuild your preference files, I recommend skipping the ActDiag step and use the 'Alternate Method/Manually Delete Act! Preferences' option.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Jengland,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Your issue is most likely being produced by the resolution of you monitor.  If you have changed the DPI setting to something other than 96DPI (Normal), it can corrupt the Act! Preference files and cause the layout behavior you described.

Here is an article describing the steps for rebuilding your Act! Preference files.  Before rebuilding them, try resetting the DPI to 96 and see if that resolves the issue.  This article also contains steps for checking your DPI setting.

Rebuild Act! Preferences/Mini Calendars

Note: If you have to rebuild your preference files, I recommend skipping the ActDiag step and use the 'Alternate Method/Manually Delete Act! Preferences' option.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the answer (and the welcome!), Greg. It was indeed a problem with the DPI. I should have gathered that from browsing other forum threads.