Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Panel Design List View Color Change

Copper Contributor

Panel Design List View Color Change

I am using Act Pro v18 with Windows 7.

After Modifying a layout, I realized the  "List View" 

background color has changed.  What are the steps

to modify the background color of the "List View" panel?

Using KB 13569, I was unable to get the Panel Properties to

open (must be doing something incorrectly).

The Layout Designer opens in the "Detail View" and I don't

know how I accessed the List View Panel to change the color

Thanks for the assistance.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Panel Design List View Color Change

Go to Tools -> Preferences and you should see a tab called Colours and Fonts. In this area you can change the colours by clicking on the item you want to change and then use the appearance fields to change it to what you want. 

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the Quick Reply.

Can you advise to the post made 3 weeks ago concerning issue importing data from csv file into ACT Pro v18:

"

I have followed the steps in KB 26828 and data is still not importing.

I am using Windows 7 with ACT pro v18.

There are three columns of data in the CSV file: Contact , New Phone Number, New Extension.

I created new fields and then added to the designer layout.

I've tried several different variations for importing and none seem to add the data.

I've selected the sort/duplicating criteria to sort only on contact name with the understanding

if the contact name  matches in both the source and the destination, the "merge" option will

import the two columns of data into the newly created phone fields.

So I created a new database with my record as the only contact.  The import added the contacts, new phone number, new extension into this test database.

I then deleted the numbers in the contact fields and tried to import again and the phone number and extension did not import.

Thanks for some helpful resolutions to this issue."

Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would imagine the issue is due to the merge options. When importing make sure you use Custom Import and when you are on step 8 of 10 (Specify merge options for each record type you selected) For the contact records change it from Merge to 2replace with the source contact) This will update the fields. using Merge will not update fields that already hold data.

I would test this scenario on a test database and before doing it on the live one make sure you have backed up the database. 

merge.JPG

You could also change the if source records do not match to "do not add" if you are really only updating existing contacts.