Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Palm Treo 755p

Palm Treo 755p

I just purchased a 755p Treo and am wondering is anyone is using Act with one and how easy it is to use.  I have used 6.0 for a number of years (obviously) and found out from Palm that I need to upgrade to 10.0.  Is 10.0 pretty good and reliable with syncing to the Palm?  Thanks.

Re: Palm Treo 755p

I purchased ACT 2008 about 3 months ago and have a Palm Treo 700W. It synchronizes fine, though I had to purchase the docking cradle as the cable did not always make a good connection from computer to the phone. No problem since getting the cradle. I used to use MS Outlook for my contact management, and found it synchronized great. The one downfall I see with ACT is that it syncs the Calendar and Contacts, but not the tasks............maybe I'm missing something, but there does not appear to be any options for it.

Hope this helps

rvyoung,

You should be able to select to synchronize the Tasks.  Open Microsoft ActiveSync and selct Tools/Options: a list of the information available to synchronize should appear and 'Tasks' should be one of them. 

I am using Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5.0; ACT!2007 v9.0.1.162 with Hotfix 1; ACT! Link for Pocket PC and I use one-way synchronization from my PC to my phone.  I purchased Companion Link Express 2.0 as recommended by an ACT! sales person but I never got it to work with my phone.  Therefore I just used ACT! Link for Pocket PC software that was included with the ACT! software.

I noticed your post states that you have a Treo 700W along with ACT!2008.  Has the synchronization process ever written all of your contacts twice on your phone?   This is usually the norm for me and it is frustrating because I have about 2500 contacts.  After the initial synchronization, the next time I try to synchronize the phone, it shows that it is updating 1/5000 contacts vs. just the ones out of the 2500 that changed. 

Writing each contact twice to the phone then slows the phone down when I try to search for items; not to mention that it takes awhile to write the additional 2500 contacts to the phone.  One way around this is to completely erase the phone and then start over when I want to resynchronize.  This has drawbacks because I always have to go through the setup process again.  Due to the problems I encounter, I normally only sync the phone about once per month which is a real problem with my calendar but I have lived with it so far.

I have the same phone as you but I am using ACT!2007 with the USB cable (ot the cradle).  Do you use Companion Link, ACT! Link or perhaps something else with ACT!2008?

sorenson997
ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367
Windows XP SP3

I had Act! 2007 and Act! for Palm OS 2.0 with my 700p and everything worked fine.... However, my 700p kicked the bucket and I now have the 755p which is an awesome phone, but Act! by Sage is telling me I have to UPGRADE to Act! 2008 and Palm OS 3.0 to make them work.....ARGGGGGG!  Every time you turn around there is a NEW upgrade!  I had Act! 6.0 for years and it worked fine for what I needed.  Now with the updated phone system, I have to upgrade again and they are telling my that the Act! 2009 and Higher will NOT be supported for Palm OS!!!!! So I need to be sure that 2009 and 3.0 are the right choice for the 755p.  Please Advise!!