Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Page Breaks in Report

Page Breaks in Report

I am using ACT! 2011 and am having trouble finding information on how to create a page break in a report after information in a specific field changes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Page Breaks in Report

You would use a section to group the records and the property to force a page break.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have the field in question in a report section along with several other fields, but cannot locate any place that will allow me to force a page break.  If I click on the field, the property window does not show any page break options.  I would presume that it should show up under "behavior". 

If I go in  under "edit" I can access the "define sections" area.  Once there I can defiine page breaks as;none, before, after, before and after,page before and page after.  If I use any of these I get one record on a page when I actually want one specific group of records no matter how many pages they cover such as all from one state with "state" being the field in question.

This is also something I would like to know.  I don't want each record on a separate page.  I thought that if you were choosing "no page break" that that would actually mean,no page break!  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Report templates are very structured. What you want is fairly striaght forward but I would need to examine the report template to know exactly what changes are needed.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Instead of saying there is a third party book, you should disclose you are one the contributors to said book.

Silver Super Contributor

You are correct.  Roy should probably disclose that he is one of the authors of the book.  It isn't exactly a secret though.  After you click on the link you can clearly see his name listed under authors.  Unlike someone who passed you a link where they got a commission, etc.

Knowing Roy like I do though the reason that he didn't was out of a preponderance of humility and not out of any sort of desire to deceive.  Among the ACC community Roy is the accepted authority on the ACT! report writer.

I haven't read the book personally but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it if I needed to know more about some of the more subtle features of the ACT! report writer.  When people call me with special requests for reports using the ACT! report writer I simply give them Roy's name and telephone number which is probably the main reason why I haven't purchased a copy myself.

Stan

P.S.  Full disclosure - Neither Roy nor Karen (his co-author) asked me to write this nor did I warn them before I did :-).

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!