Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Page Break between Contacts

Copper Contributor

Page Break between Contacts

Is there any way to get a page break between contacts when printing a Contact Report with multiple contacts??

Version 2013 (access via web)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Page Break between Contacts

Yes, you need to set the appropriate force page break property in the template.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclusure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I ran Act 2012 (access via web) locally at the server.  I was able edit the Contact Report, save it with a new name and add it to the Reports menu.  It now runs with the correct page breaks.  (Why this didn't run properly out of the box is surprising.)

I now head over to the workstation running Firefox 13.0.1.  I open Act in a window, but the edited menu item is not under Reports as it is when running Act locally on the server.   There also is no Customize command.   I can select the new contact report from Other Reports, and it will run.  When printing though from Firefox, it is a mess. Blank pages, pages where the new contact starts 2/3 down a page with nothing but white space above, missing history and notes---trust me it was not pretty.   If I run Act in an IE 8 window, it prints much better, but neither browser knows how to handle the page breaks.  Neither browser correctly breaks at the end of a contact.

So this page break thing seems to be an issue with the browser. 

It almost appears that there are two distinct verisons of Act.  One when running locally, and another when accessing via the web. 

The $64,000 question then is: Can the web interface/menu items be edited?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Nor will they. When running reports through ACT! for the WEB the output is to HTML for transfer over the WEB and HTML doesn't use page breaks.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I have noticed that some "Print" items are output as .pdf files (Day Planner Calendars for example).  If the Contact Report output is to remain as html file, we need to request that the reports for each contact get sent individually to the printer., not sent as one long file.   For now,  looks like I'll have to continue to print each Contact Report individually (or stroll to the server room and print from there....).