Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PSIService_2.exe error upon shut-down

Copper Super Contributor

PSIService_2.exe error upon shut-down

Everytime I shut down my computer, I get an error related to PSIService_2.exe.  I've learned from some research that this is a third party service from Protexis used by ACT! to validate my ACT! license on my machine.  If I stop this service from running the shut-down error goes away but ACT! will not open.  Any ideas on how to fix my shut-down error?  Is this an ACT! issue or do I need to contact Portexis for help?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: PSIService_2.exe error upon shut-down

Just to clarify - you can start your computer and can open Act! without any errors.  But when you shut down your computer, that's when you get an error.  Is that correct?

What version of Act! are you running?

What is the Operating System you are running? (and is it 32 or 64bit)

What is the error you are receiving?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Graig, sorry to waste you time.  It turns out my anitvirus (BitDefender) was causing the problem.  An upgrade to my antivirus fixed it.  Thanks, anyway!

Hi,

I am getting this problem aswell, I am on Act Premiem 2010 version 12 (with hotfix 4), please could you help?

Platinum Super Contributor

As the previous member was able to resolve the issue by updating the anti-virus software, try adding exclusions to your anti-virus software.  Here is an article that lists the exclusions to add (including Protexis): KB Article 25125

Greg Martin
Sage