Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PLEASE HELP! - Duplicate Product/Service lines created in all opportunities

PLEASE HELP! - Duplicate Product/Service lines created in all opportunities

Hi

We are using ACT! v11, it has been working fine for the last few months.  However, yesterday when I ran an opps report for October, our sales looked as if they had quadrupled.

On closer inspection we noticed that several duplicate products/lines had been created in all the opportunities in October and now looking back looks like it has affected everything.

Anyone know how this has happened and what we can do to rectify it short of my administrator systematically going through each opp and deleting the extra lines?

Many thanks,

Caroline

Re: PLEASE HELP! - Duplicate Product/Service lines created in all opportunities

Ok, I'm guessing given the lack of replies that there really is nothing we can do. :-(

My administrator is going to have one hell of a mundane job this week.

Copper Super Contributor

We experienced this a few months ago with 13 users - nobody could shed any light on it - we manually removed offending items (lots of them) - ran actdiag on every remote machine and server. It worked temporarily then It reared it's head again - we repeated the process ... it seemed to work

So we have been duplicate opp line free for a few months now

Yes to the mundane job!

Be interesting to know if any other users affected?

Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you syncing to a handheld device?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

we weren't
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

Not handhelds.

It is very strange, we hadn't had any issues since March. 

Looking into it further, it seems that one of the users was having sync problems where it would say it had been successful, but never update anything.  One of our tech guys looked into it and found that the user's db was corrupt.  He then transferred her data over to a clean one, ran the sync again and it worked.....so we thought.

It is quite a serious flaw as it means we can't quite rely wholeheartedly on the system for sales figures and forecasts.  One opportunity had about 7 duplicate product/service lines in it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

RFLComms wrote:

Looking into it further, it seems that one of the users was having sync problems where it would say it had been successful, but never update anything.  One of our tech guys looked into it and found that the user's db was corrupt.  He then transferred her data over to a clean one, ran the sync again and it worked.....so we thought.

I would say that this was the point at which the duplicate lines were introduced. Synchronization  involves additional tracking information to know what do synchronization and in the "repair" I have to assume that the tracking information was lost so that the data looked like new information and the end result was the duplication that you experienced. What should have been done was to create a copy of the remote database with one the unsynced changes and then imported that into the master database and then create a new RDB from the master database for that user. The import would have done direct comparisons rather than depending on any sync tracking information.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129