Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PDF ISSUES IN WORD AFTER ACT 17 UPDATE - 2ND POST WITH NO SOLUTION - PLEASE HELP

PDF ISSUES IN WORD AFTER ACT 17 UPDATE - 2ND POST WITH NO SOLUTION - PLEASE HELP

Right after upgrading from 16 to 17 I lost the ability to save in PDF format in Microsoft Word when opening a template.

After opening a template from ACT and compose a customized quote as I have the same way for many years, it will not allow the document to be saved in PDF format now, only four formats to choose from. Also it will not allow me to SAVE the file in my WORD default location.

When I click on say C://Documents/Customers as the save location, ACT opens up a different path completely... C://User/Me/Documents/ACT/ACT Data/Documents and only allows the doc to be saved as .DOC, .RTF, .HTM, or .TXT.

I know have to take two extra steps with every document to Print as PDF which is just goofy, it's a work around and not a solution. Obviously, something changed after installing the ACT 17.

Furthermore, nothing else has changed on the computer expect for update from 16 to 17.

The exact version installed is ACT! Pro Version 17.0.151.0 Hot Fix 1

I am running Windows 8/1 with the latest updates and Microsoft Office 2013.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: PDF ISSUES IN WORD AFTER ACT 17 UPDATE - 2ND POST WITH NO SOLUTION - PLEASE HELP

Check in Word to see if the ACT! macros are disabled

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: PDF ISSUES IN WORD AFTER ACT 17 UPDATE - 2ND POST WITH NO SOLUTION - PLEASE HELP

Can you provide some guidance on these macros? When I open a template in WORD and go to VIEW>MACROS I don't see anything listed to do with ACT, but I'm unsure if I am looking or doing the right thing. Can you explain a bit further please?

Try checking the options.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

There is nothing regarding MACROS under OPTIONS in MICROSOFT WORD.

Look in File | Options | Addins. If there isn't any mention of ACT! there then the connection from ACT! toWord is lost. Most likely yu will see the ACT! macros as disabled.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

ACT Add-Ins show as active...any other thoughts?

Capture.PNG