Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook with Business Contact Manager

Outlook with Business Contact Manager

Been using Act 2006 for a long time.   Now using Act synching with Companionlink through  Google Calendar to iPhone.  Awkward but working.

My company is going from Lotus Notes to Outlook.

Has anyone compared Act 2006 with Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager ?   Transitioned over ?

I think I need to go from Act 2005 to either Outlook BCM or newest Sage Act.   If at all possible, I need to stop being an "Act island" in my company.   I also can't afford Act and all the maintenance.

So I'd like to  get to Outlook.  I just have thousands of contacts with valuable  history  notes on each  contact which  I don't want to lose.

Thanks !

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook with Business Contact Manager

You'll lose a lot of data ... Outlook BCM isn't as full featured and doesn't really share data

You'd also find Handheld Contact a much less "awkward" method to sync to the iPhone

What data would I  lose ?    Do you know for sure ?

All I care about is contact history notes.  I do not use any "sales funnel" tools in Act.

Platinum Elite Contributor

BCM doesn't have the same functionality in Notes/History ... most people who want to move from ACT! to a Microsoft solution end up having to go to MS Dynamics CRM (a more expensive solution)

I would speak to my friend Lon at:
http://www.pinpointtools.com/getloaded-from-act!-to-crm.aspx
He has done conversions to BCM and CRM and would be able to tell you what you'll lose in more detail