Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook vs. Mozilla Thunderbird

Outlook vs. Mozilla Thunderbird

Are there any restrictions in using Mozilla Thunderbird as my e-mail program, as opposed to using Outlook

I realize ACT! was designed around Microsoft, but I would really like to rid my computer of Outlook and its' many little quirks that force it to shutdown, freeze, or restart unexpectedly.  I have been using Thunderbird's sister program Firefox for my browser for months now, and have had NO PROBLEMS.

I am a long time user of ACT!, and curently have ACT! 2008.  I am considering upgrading to 2010. Please advise.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook vs. Mozilla Thunderbird

There is no integration to Thunderbird... you can't use ACT! as the address book 9or have it record history

SHAME on them.

I hope MOZILLA FIREFOX, AND mozilla thunderbird are able to integrate with ACT 2010 soon.  (with an update would be sufficient/no new version is necessary)

I just upgraded to ACT 2010 as I was told that it would be able to integrate with MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD.  didnt happen.

I am NOT an outlook user, EUDORA is no longer supported so I stopped using it over a year ago.  I am sure most Eudora users are no longer using it, why would SAGE still keep it as an option for email clients.?

info@promoteintandem.com

Agreed, Columbia Sussex uses Firefox due to the security of the program. I can't get Outlook so I can't have it function with my BB or with my email, right?

Paul Crone
Senior Sales Manager
Oklahoma City Marriott Hotel