Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Outlook sync stopped after update to 20.1.120.0 Update 6

Any thoughts?

Peter

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook sync stopped after update to 20.1.120.0 Update 6

Hello, and which is the Microsoft Office version ..?

Office 2010 is not supported in Act! v20.1 or later - Only Office 2013 and 2016 - I suggest that it is installed at 32Bit to avoid integration problems.

If for some reason you must reinstall office in a compatible version, it is better if ...

1. First uninstall Act! and Office and restart your computer
2. Install compatible Office (I suggest 32Bit)
3. Verify that you have at least one email account configured in Outlook
4. Install Act! (Remember to start the installation by right clicking on the installation file and Run as Administrator)
5. Perform the process for the integration of Act! With Outlook

Finally, check that no Antivirus / Firewall is blocking the integration between Act! and Outlook  CLICK HERE

(windows firewall and Antivirus exceptions)

medio.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have Office 365. 

It looks like the items are syncing but with issues.  I have 2 way sync on and when I add or edit an appointment in Outlook I do a Send/Receive and then in Act I click on Sync Now but the change doesn't appear in Act until I click on the calendar.  Strange. 

Also, in Sync history there is no information listed and the dates are 01-Jan-0001 to 01-Jan0001.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Strange things happening. 

In outlook I changed the default mail and calendar to the same default.  My default email address in Outlook is not the same as the mail address associated with the office account though.   Act is set to Sync with Office 365.  It says: Enter your Office 365 login and Password.  I would think it needs to log into the Office account but from there it should sync with the default mail address right?  

In the taskbar there is a yellow triangle over the sync icon which means it is not able to sync.   Is this because of the conflicting addresses?

Highlighted
Administrator

Are you using an installed version of Office, or the 365 web service (via a browser)?

If you're using a locally installed version, then it's best to sync with "Outlook" instead of "Office 365"
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have Act on my PC and a server PC.  I realized I hadn't update the server one which I have done now.  I did have an error this morning but I rebooted and it seemed to work.  I will keep an eye on it.  

I use Office 365 installed.  

Thanks