Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook sync errors

Copper Contributor

Outlook sync errors

[ Edited ]

Just upgraded to V20.  I use Microsoft Outlook Live on Windows 10 computer and am getting the following errors when trying to sync ACT! contacts to my Outlook e-mail.  I was not able to do this on V19 either.

Any suggestions?  Do I need to have outlook actually installed on my machine?

Thank you.

Administrator

Re: Outlook sync errors

Unfortunately yes - for the contacts and calendar sync you'll need an installed desktop version of Office installed.

Using the web versions of the software,t eh only options for integration that you have with Act! are using the Premium Contact link. You can find more details about it here:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38291

Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon,

I actually do have a desktop version of Office that I forgot about.  When I use this, ACT! does open this up when clicking on an e-mail, but it won't add the contact to Outlook.  So it's half working, but I don't know why it won't sync.  Please advise.

Dave R

Administrator

What version of Office is it that you have installed?

You can find the version and build number from Outlook by going to File > Office Account > About Outlook
Copper Contributor

Is it possible that Outlook.live is still active on my machine?  I don't see it anywhere, except for a shortcut on my desktop.  I do get multiple notifications when new mail arrives, so perhaps outlook live is running somewhere?  Is there a way to uninstall?

Office Version2.JPG

Administrator

Hi Daverose,

My understanding of Outlook live is that it's a web based solution, so shouldn't exist physically on your machine. As such I wouldn't expect it to cause any conflicts.

I'd recommend checking out this KB:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28356

The error message isn't exactly what you're getting, but the steps it details outlines a general repair of the synchronisation process.

You can also get errors if you haven't activated/registered Office yet - i.e. if it's running in trial mode. If this was the case you'd usually see (not activated) or the likes in the title bar at the top of the program - and you'd likely be prompted to register Office every time you run the program.