Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook slows considerably when opening address book.

Re: Outlook slows considerably when opening address book.

I would recommend removing the Demo database from the Address book if it did not help.

Sadly at this moment I do not have much information regarding troubleshooting this issue it may well be a defect and I am presently waiting for further testing to be carried out.

Highlighted

Hi Dan, would you be able to supply the defect number number for this issue? Just for your notes, I've seen someone having the same issue with Act! Premium v19.2 Update 3 Remote Database and Office 2016. The following things have been tried on this machines;

-Tried removing address book from registry + re adding it.

-Tried empty copy, new RDB. Neither fixed it.
-Repair of Office, reinstall of Office. Neither fixed it.

I created a copy of the database and gradually trimmed down the size of the database, this would improve the time it takes to open the address book in Outlook in direct correlation to the database getting smaller, although the database isn't excessively large. Thanks in advance.

Hi Branden,

I am presently waiting for a defect to be created for this issue, it is currently being investigated by my senior team and will be happy to provide once I have it.

I am unsure if something has changed in the way the address book is held in Outlook as it would previously load in very quickly. I believe it is attempting to load in the address book contact each time that it is prompted. as you stated cleaning up the database will help with the time it takes but shouldn't be a factor.

Has there been any update on this?  Has ACT issued a ticket on this yet?

Administrator

Hi there Ejpeck,

There's no new information regarding a resolution to this issue - but it has been logged as an active defect with Defect ID D-07551. 

If I find out any more information I'll be sure to let you know.

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see the same issue integrating even small databases with v20 upd3.  Have a client whose AB takes 5+ minutes to open. To get AB functionality working had to export/import her Act contacts into the outlook contacts folder and set to use outlook contacts folder as default instead of Act.  This of course opens the door to other issues like newly created contacts not getting synched to outlook because the act/outlook contact sync crashes continuously, outlook AB columns not displaying the same info as the Act AB does.

Tamara Phillips
New Ideas Consulting Inc

So it's been over a month....  Has anything been done on this???

I had this same issue with act pro 2011 and recently upgraded to version 20, thinking this would solve the problem. Boy, was I mistaken.  Apparently they have had this problem for at least 6 years and the problem is still not fixed.  I do not hold out much hope that it will ever be fixed and wish I would have saved my money and not upgraded.  If you search the act community, you will see many other threads from years past with this same issue, all as yet to be resolved. Wish I would have consulted the act community before upgrading and saved myself some money.  Also, not sure where that image came from for my avatar.
Copper Elite Contributor

I ended up moving my client back to office 2013, address book works fine there

Tamara Phillips
New Ideas Consulting Inc

Sad to say I am still using Outlook 2010 but it still works great for my purposes.  Not sure changing to another version of Outlook would solve my issue and would hate to spend the money on upgrading software and then find out it still isn't working.  Done that once already. Using Windows 10 Home 64 bit and only 5000 contacts.  My suspicion is there is something in Windows 10 that is not allowing Outlook and ACT to work together properly.