Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook runs in background with ACT 2011 and interferes with back up.

Outlook runs in background with ACT 2011 and interferes with back up.

How can I completely end any connection of ACT Pro 2011 with Outlook.  I disabled Outlook in ACT and uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it.  But Outlook still shows ACT features and runs without me opening the program. I want to have Outlook the way it was before I ever installed ACT.

Thank you for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook runs in background with ACT 2011 and interferes with back up.

What do you mean "runs without me opening the program" and "interferes with back up"?

Re: Outlook runs in background with ACT 2011 and interferes with back up.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for responding!  Outlook automatically starts when I start my computer so it is always running. This automatic starting was a result of loading ACT 2011.  I use Mozy as a back up service and it has a problem backing up my Outlook files if the program is running. 

I know that disconnecting the two programs will affect the way ACT works but I am willing to deal with that to insure that Outlook backs up properly.  I am self employed and use my computer for personal and business (ACT for business).

(Not to confuse the issue but I am pretty sure that Mozy will have trouble with ACT also.  But I am doing regular back ups of the database so those files remain inactive while the back up is happening. It would be ideal for me if ACT wasn't running as soon as my computer is started up as well.)