Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook randomly "forgets" ACT address book settings

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Outlook randomly "forgets" ACT address book settings

We have 30 users setup the same way. It seems as though each day a few random people lose their address book integration, giving them the error message: act address book service is not properly configured

Has anyone run into this issue? All updates have been applied.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rmgoode
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook randomly "forgets" ACT address book settings

Hi Ryan,

We have this problem also.

Every now and again we have one person who address book isn't configured. After many calls to our supplier and to Sage themselves, we found the problem lied within our very own server. 

We found after some trial and error when the server runs slow, stops for a few seconds, shuts down or just in general wants to be a pain, it will throw the Act address book configuration out, the strange part is it didn't throw everyone's configuration out.

It's a right royal pain to keep configuring it, but just check out your server to see if it might be the cause of your problem.

Regards

Mel

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Ryan,

Is it the same users having the issue each time?  Are you able to narrow it down to a certain time of day or some sort of reproducible steps?

Tuned Listener

Hi David. Thanks for the reply. It doesn't appear to be happening to the same people. Some people are ok for about a month before it forgets. Other people only hold for a few days.

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem. I have ensured that we are all running the latest version of ACT and SQL. Per another thread, I made sure that the system time was in sync on the server and the clients.

Ryan

Solution
Accepted by topic author rmgoode
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Hi Ryan,

We have this problem also.

Every now and again we have one person who address book isn't configured. After many calls to our supplier and to Sage themselves, we found the problem lied within our very own server. 

We found after some trial and error when the server runs slow, stops for a few seconds, shuts down or just in general wants to be a pain, it will throw the Act address book configuration out, the strange part is it didn't throw everyone's configuration out.

It's a right royal pain to keep configuring it, but just check out your server to see if it might be the cause of your problem.

Regards

Mel

Tuned Listener

Hi Mel,

I appreciate your reply. This weekend, I upgraded to a server with significantly higher performance. I will see if this corrects the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Ryan