Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook not available as a selection for e-mail set up

Outlook not available as a selection for e-mail set up

I am setting up my database on windows 7 and cannot get my e-mail working.  I am using the e-mail set up wizard, but when it comes to choosing my e-mail, it only gives me Internet as an option.  How do I get outlook as an option box?

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook not available as a selection for e-mail set up

The most common cause for this is that Outlook/Office was installed after Act! was installed.  You can uninstall and then reinstall Act! if that was the case.

What versions of Act! and Office are you using?

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and this did not work.  I still do not have the Outlook selection.  I am using ACT 2009

Thanks

I have now converted to ACT2010 and have the same issue.  I installed ACT after office and there are no selection (Like in the demo) for me to choose for an e-mail server.  Can anyone tell me how to get Oultlook as a choice?

Thanks

What version of office are you using? If you are using Office and Outlook 2007 then I don't know exactly what the problem is. If you are using Outlook and Office 2010, whether the full retail version or the beta, ACT! is not updated to recognize these yet.

When I contacted ACT! they were able to give me two small files that I could install on my machine that would allow ACT! to recognize Outlook 2010. 

Thank you.  I am using 2007
Platinum Super Contributor

Act! 2010 and Office 2007 are certainly compatible programs, but there can be several causes for Outlook not showing in the email selection window for Act!.  Here is an article with steps for resolving this issue: Outlook is not an option for Act! email

Please see your Private Messages for additional information.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you, I will try these suggestions
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT!2010 (Registered Version) and Office Outlook 2010