Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook is not an option in email set up

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Outlook is not an option in email set up

I am having trouble configuring ACT and Outlook.....New computer that I set up Office 365 v16, and ACT Pro v19.

My Act is not showing Outlook as an option, and the Outlook integration section in Tools/Preferences is grayed out.  I've tried installing the Update 7, didn't do anything.  

the only thing that I see in email set up is Internet email....nothing else.  

My Outlook is 16.0.10325.20082 - 32 bit

Act is Pro v19 with Update 7

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ActProUser
‎08-06-2018 10:54 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook is not an option in email set up

[ Edited ]

Hello, sorry what is happening...

Act! Pro V19 works with...  Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 (Click here to view recommended Update Channel settings for Office 2016)

Office, 365, as a web based service, is only supported on Act! v20.1 and later. Act! v16 through v20.0 users can only use the Act! Outlook Integration feature with a locally installed version of Office 365

I suggest Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed locally to 32 BIT to avoid integration problems

Note that the correct installation order is First Office and then Act! - Based on this ... possibly you should uninstall both programs and install them again in the right order...

I suggest that while installing Office and Act! - Temporarily disable UAC user account control and Windows Firewall

When you start the installation, right-click on the Setup file and use the Run as Administrator option

with the Office installation folder, look for the32 Bit installation File (X86)

Best regards and good luck...

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ActProUser
‎08-06-2018 10:54 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, sorry what is happening...

Act! Pro V19 works with...  Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 (Click here to view recommended Update Channel settings for Office 2016)

Office, 365, as a web based service, is only supported on Act! v20.1 and later. Act! v16 through v20.0 users can only use the Act! Outlook Integration feature with a locally installed version of Office 365

I suggest Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed locally to 32 BIT to avoid integration problems

Note that the correct installation order is First Office and then Act! - Based on this ... possibly you should uninstall both programs and install them again in the right order...

I suggest that while installing Office and Act! - Temporarily disable UAC user account control and Windows Firewall

When you start the installation, right-click on the Setup file and use the Run as Administrator option

with the Office installation folder, look for the32 Bit installation File (X86)

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

There is an order of installation.  I don't know if this will help, but I've learned over the years that Office has to be installed before ACT.

Hope that helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted

Thank you very much, that seemed to have done the trick.  I uninstalled both and re-installed in the order listed

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Good news, please mark the answer that solved your need as... Accepted Solution

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia