Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook interaction with ACT! Pro 2011

Outlook interaction with ACT! Pro 2011

An ACT Tech installed ACT! Pro 2011 on my system. He had many issues with the SQL Server. Since that time when I open Outlook (vers 2011) I get a message "ACT! Addressbook service is not properly configured or the configured database is locked. Do you want to configure now? When I replied yes, I got a message that outlook stopped working, do I want to repair. I said yes, but got the same ACT! Addressbook message.

In total frustration and at the advice of a senior level tech I uninstalled ACT and MS Office. I then ran IObit and cleaned up all the registry errors, then reinstalled MS Office. Same problem.

How do I get this link broken between ACT and Outlook?

Thanks.

mary

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook interaction with ACT! Pro 2011

To disable the integration of ACT! and Outlook > in Act! go to Tools / Preferences / Email tab.  Click on the Email System Setup button and deselect Outlook.  You will also need to remove the Act! Address Book from Outlook (it is the piece issuing the error message).  Here is an article with instructions for adding the Address Book - when you access the Outlook screens you will see the remove option: KB Article 23022

It may be that the database added to the Outlook Address book is incorrect.  When in the Act! Prefereces / Email tab > follow through the Email System Setup screens and you will see which database is currently defined and can change it.

Greg Martin
Sage