Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook integration

Outlook integration

After a lot of sweat, I've got ACT2011 to recognise Outlook 2010 as an e-mail client.... setup ...

but now when I want to send an e-mail all I get is:

"Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155)

Nothing in the Knowledge base.

Anyone any ideas...?

ACT 2011 has got to be one of the worst pieces of software released. It has obviously not been tested against Office 2010.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook integration

Most of these error are actually due to improprly installed Office, not ACT!. Try this:

Start, run, enter...
REGSVR32 OLE32.DLL

[ Edited ]

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply...

Ran that... all I get is:

"The module "OLE32.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term."

Any thoughts...

Paul

UPDATE:

Searching on web... he general answer is 'run as administratot'... am the administrator, but checked any one... no luck - keeps coming up with th esame message.

Many thanks

Paul

BTW: In Vista or Windows7, you are NOT full Admin unless you right-click and select "Run as Admin"

[ Edited ]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all your help.

I suspect your remark about incorrect Office installs wasn't too far off the mark - however, I installed Office 2010 Professional from the media, and it does work by itself...

So... reinstalling Office 2010 Professional didn't help - ACT! kept throwing the same errors.

However, I did have access to the standalone Outlook 2010 installer (via MSDN) and installing that seems to have done the trick. I can't say what the differences in setup are between the 2 packages (Office as a whole and the standalone Outlook) but certainly this is the only way I've gotten it to work.

Thanks for your help,

Paul