Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook integration ACT v11 and Outlook 2007

Outlook integration ACT v11 and Outlook 2007

Hi there

As you can see from the title I have used ACT and Outlook together for a long time now with few problems. My laptop was in the repair shop last week and I now have one.

The ACT add-in buttons are in Outlook and seem to work (well they go through the process of attaching to history anyway) and the address book is defaulted to ACT so all seems well. However, after attaching an email and then searching the record the email is not showing in the history.

I've spent quite a while now trying to fix it myself and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob in the UK

Re: Outlook integration ACT v11 and Outlook 2007

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Act! Community. 

There is 4 parts to the integration to get your emails to record to History, if we can find which part is causing this issue we can find a resolution quickly.

Here are the 4 parts. 'Outlook -> History Queue -> Act.Outlook.Service.exe -> Act!'

If you can check to see if the Act! addin is loaded and showing 6 icons within Outlook.

You can navigate to 'C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\HistoryQueue' to verify emails are being moved into the history queue.

Ensure from 'Task Manager' that the Act.Outlook.Service.exe' is running you may also be able to see this from your System tray in bottom right of windows.

If these look to be correct the article i have provided below guides you on steps that should resolve your issue.

19948 No history created or recorded when sending e-mail from Microsoft Outlook 2003 and later

Please let us know if this resolve your issue.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Also just check your history settings - are all the filters set correctly?

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately my skills weren't good enough to effect the change so I purchased a new version of ACT and paid for one month's support to enable me to make the switchover.

Regards

Bob