Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook gives error message indicating ACT! addressbook not properly configured

Outlook gives error message indicating ACT! addressbook not properly configured

I have recently upgraded to ACT!2008 from version 6 and am running ACT on two machines.  I have one machine running the DB and application and the other connecting to the same DB on the first machine.  Outlook has been configured to open the correct DB for the address book function but it intermittently fails to connect to the DB and gives the error "ACT not properly configured to open ..."  I reinitialize the connection to the DB and it works for a while then quits and gives the same error.

Is this a common problem between ACT and Outlook and is there a fix?
thanks
Bill

Re: Outlook gives error message indicating ACT! addressbook not properly configured

I experienced a "clipboard operation did not succeed" Error message and "repaired" ACT 2008, which took care of the problem. Now theACT! address book will properly configure with Outlook 2007. I have done variations of removing the address books from the ACT! list and adding them back. Removed ACT address book option from Outlook with various closes, opens, and reboots succeeding in only getting the error message (0x80040154) "address book not properly configured or database unlocked..." After all of this, the "Requested clipboard operation did not succeed" error message has come back. Sage, get us an answer! - Paul
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Outlook gives error message indicating ACT! addressbook not properly configured

Hi Paul,  News gets worse for you I'm afraid.... If your addressbook is definately configured the fastest way to resolve this is a manual uninstall reinstall.  Go to the kb at help.act.com change the product type to act 2007 (I know you have 2008 but the tool is still listed under 2007) and searh for How To Use The Act Uninstaller.exe - there will be an article come up tiltled very similar to that.  Download the act uninstaller file from there and use that to uninstall and reinstall act.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. I nearly did exactly what you shared. Since I had only recently installed ACT! 2008, I uninstalled it using the Uninstall from its menu and then reinstalled it from the install CD's menu. It worked and I didn't have to register it. Because ACT! has been very buggy over the 10+ years I've used it, I rebooted after the install, them opened Outlook, and found the missing and now configured ACT! address books in the Outlook Address Book. Thanks for the quick response. This type of sharing is much appreciated and valuable to all ACT! users who struggle to keep our operations running. Paul