Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook freezes since upgrading to ACT! 2011

Re: Outlook freezes since upgrading to ACT! 2011

The problem is not only with the Calendar function.

I get it now EVERY time I sent an email.

I re-configured Act to automatically attach emails I sent through Outlook, and the whole nightmare started again.

I tried to switch it off again, disable the Virus scanner, the firewall and even kill processes manually.

Nothing helps and I'm rally frustrated.

What a shame that Sage is not looking into it, which means no more Act! for me in future.

Cheers,

Marc

I am having the same issue in addtion to it not synching contacts or calendar either.  I am running Outlook 2010 and Act 2011 both of which are fully updated.

Highlighted

Well as soon as I take out the Act Addin from Outlook all works fine again except, of course, Act no longer does it job of trapping the email and etc.   So a bit more poking around and I remembered that I had had the same problem when I was on Outlook 2007 and resolved it by dumpting an old AVERY addin. 

Subsequently I have found that there was a. OutlookAddin by Highland that when disabled fixed the problem with the Calendar locking up in 2010 any time there was a pop up reminder  or I tried to delete an appiontment or a repeating appointment.  In further checking the Highland item I determined that it was not updated for 2010 and apparently was placed  in outlook by our IT department automatically upon signing onto the exchange server.

Do not know if this is helpful to others but thought I would post it here in hopes it might be.