Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook error when opening attached e-mail in Act! 2011 Pro

Outlook error when opening attached e-mail in Act! 2011 Pro

I have found threads on similar errors, but I have not found any previous threads addressing this exact problem.  I apologize if there are plenty of threads about this already.

I have Act! set to save everything from an e-mail including attachments, which results in a *.msg file being attached.  When I go to open this .msg file I get a popup message from Outlook saying

"Cannot open file: \\PCAAL\MyDatabase-datebase files\Attachments\filename.msg.  The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click on the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions on the folder."

The odd thing is, after getting this message, the .msg file still opens, so really it is just the annoyance of having this popup at me everytime I open an attached e-mail.

When I go to that path in the error message, there are not any files there, despite me having a lot of attached e-mails.

Is there a solution for this? What is going on anyway?  Why is it looking for the attached file there, and then how is it finding it somewhere else?

Thanks!

Patrick