Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook emails stay in HistoryQueue & never appear in the contacts history

Outlook emails stay in HistoryQueue & never appear in the contacts history

On 2 out of 3 workstations Outlook 2003 emails are not appearing in contact history.  Updating to 11.1 had no effect. The Setup Assistant has been run to enable this feature. The ACT database has been added as an address book in Outlook.  The ACT.Outlook.Service is running. The messages even appear in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\HistoryQueue.  They just never appear in ACT's history for the contact.  The stranges part is the one workstation this feature works "Outlook 2003 (recommended)" does not appear as a option along with "Outlook Express" and "Internet Email".

Help!?

John.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook emails stay in HistoryQueue & never appear in the contacts history

John -

A few things:

First, if the files are still in History Queue, they will not appear in ACT!, as that means they did not get attached.

Second, what does the Act.Outlook.Service.exe interface tell you in regards to the failure?  Cannot find contact, other error?

There's a fairly detailed process of what happens at:

http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/ACTblog/ (second blog down)

Check that out and tell me if any ideas pop up...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Re: Outlook emails stay in HistoryQueue & never appear in the contacts history

[ Edited ]

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  I was beginning to think everyone was completely stumped.  I posted this situation here earlier in the week and it was viewed some 30 times but not one reply.

I will be on site and able to put this information to use later this week.

Will let you know.

Regards,

John

Message Edited by johnfds on 03-22-2009 07:42 AM