Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

I have Act V20 Update 7

Outlook 365

For some reason my emails have not been attaching to my Act in the history for a little while.   I have spent time researching the Act helps and after checking several things I clicked on the Go button in the History bar and it worked, except now the Contact shows as +PeterBohlenderOld which is me, instead of the actual contact.  

In Outlook if I highlight an email and click Add-Ins, Quick Attach a list comes up saying: Quick attach has successfully attached to the mail address below.  

There are three listed.   1. My email 2. My email with Old at the end 3. The actual contact.

I could sure use a bit of help sorting this out.  

Thanks you.  Peter

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Over the years I have found that the Outlook eMail history built into ACT frequently has to be reset.

A long time ago, I tried an add-in program call eMailConnectPro, which can be found here.  I do not work for them nor have any fiduciary interest in them.  I have just found their eMail handling is easy and rarely breaks.

It also comes with good group eMail handling.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the good idea.  I will check into it. 

In Outlook though, I am wondering if I am missing some Act! Add-ins. 

Act addins.JPG

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

That's all of the addin icons.

When you click on the first icon on that screenshot it should pull up another window which shows you each contact that it wants to attach the email.  If you have multiple contacts with the same email, it will show them all there.  I would do a lookup in your Act! for your email and see how many contacts come up.  That might help us unravel why you have three emails showing on a quick attach.

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Billy

Normally this should happen automatically which is why I am doing it  manually.   I have clicked on Quick Attach but not the top left button which is probably the button to use which is Attach E-Mail to Contacts.  I just sent a contact an email and from the sent folder clicked Attach E-Mail but nothing came over to the Act history for that contact.   I clicked Send/Receive in Outlook and Sync Now in Act.  

As I indicated earlier, clicking Quick Attach worked but in Act/History the contact shows as +(my name)Old.  

Very strange.  

Peter