09-17-2014 09:50 PM
What i have:
For over a year, closer to 2, emails sent/received were being attached to the correct ACT contacts, automatically, and also manually through the ACT add-in for Outlook. It was working fine, maybe not perfectly, until I decided to clean up and consolidate some Outlook folders and remove email addresses, and directories, no longer used. This was about 3 weeks ago. Outlook does seem to run faster, and the searches are faster.
But, since then, the ACT add-in for Outlook has disappeared. The automatic email attach process, still in place in ACT and re-setup, many times, does not attach to contacts. ACT directory is recognized by Outlook as email addresses are suggested.
Some other posts have mentioned to look for ACT outlook service. It's no longer there, but I thought I used to see it.
I do not know exactly when the ACT add-in or Outlook.service disappeared, but I think getting those back would bring me peace. Let me know if this is all that I have to be concerned with.
Please, any suggestions at a fix process would be appreciated. Thanks.
09-18-2014 12:05 AM
maybe your Act! addin is only diabled.
This link discribe how to enable it in Outlook 2007.
09-18-2014 06:44 AM
I went to the link. For my Outlook2007, the ACT! Outlook Add-in was in the "Inactive Application Add-ins" section. In the "Disable" section, no Add-ins were listed... Also there are no boxes to check for each Add-ins, in the Active, Inactive, or Disabled sections.
The other strange thing was that most of the Inactive add-ins are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\.... files but the ACT Outlook AddIn is located in "mscoree.dll" . Does that mean that this dll is at the root, not in any Program File location? There is one other AddIn that has the same location and that is a Teamviewer AddIn.
There is a Redemption Helper Outlook Extension add-in (Inactive) that is located in C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\.redemption.dll.
So, how do I make Inactive Add-Ins move to the Active section?
Again, thanks for your suggestion, but it looks like I need more help.
09-18-2014 07:08 AM
to activate the addin again you have to change in the drop down menu "Manage" (at the bottom of the Add-ins Window) from "Com-Add-Ins" to "Disabled Items" than press "Go...".
Choose the Act! Addin than it should be at "Inactive Application Add-ins".
Change the Dropdown Menu back to "Com-Add-Ins" and set the tick mark at the Act! Addin.
After this Steps the Act! addin should be visible at your Outlook again.
Hope this description could help you.
Best regards David
09-18-2014 10:29 PM
09-18-2014 11:03 PM
09-19-2014 12:01 AM
sorry so this was a misunderstanding.
If the addin is under the "inactive" section listed you have to choose "com-add-ins".
It should be there but without a tick mark please set this than it should be active again.
09-30-2014 02:45 PM
Over a period of time, closing and opening programs, and shutting down and re-booting, the add-in came alive and started attaching emails. I noticed it around Sept 22-24 and meant to notify all the wonderful people that tried to help.
I don't know how or why it fixed itself, but IT IS NOW WORKING, emails are now attaching.
Thank you David.