Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Outlook email address name changed in v20.1

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 114
Country: USA

Outlook email address name changed in v20.1

Got this message from a customer:

 

  1. Launching an email by clicking on email link in ACT! contact record before the ACT! v20.1 upgrade used to result in this format in Outlook “Stephen Boulden stephen@twelvethree.com”, where now it results in this format “stephen@twelvethree.com”.  How do I get it to include the name as before?

 

I've tested it on multiple computers and am seeing the same result.  Is there any insight you can provide on this, or did the new integration simply change the way the email address loads?

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Highlighted
Administrator
Posts: 1,379
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: Outlook email address name changed in v20.1

I believe it was outlook itself that was doing that - outlook was identifying the email address as a Contact from it's contact book and adding the name.

Are you still syncing your Act! contacts to outlook?
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 114
Country: USA

Re: Outlook email address name changed in v20.1

Yes, these are for contacts who have the realtime sync happening between the outlook address book. For example this customer has me in their outlook contacts, act contacts, and many emails back and forth with me over the years. It's the same behavior I tested on my PC as well, as well as both of the client's workstations.
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Highlighted
Administrator
Posts: 1,379
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: Outlook email address name changed in v20.1

We did have some issues with this feature prior to update 6, where because outlook was identifying the recipient as a known contact - it was using the email address that was stored in Outlook as the send to.

This caused issues if you had - for example - just changed the Act! contact's email address but not yet synced that change to Outlook. This meant that when you then clicked on the contacts email address to send it - it was not being sent to the email address you just clicked - but instead the 'old' one that Outlook had stored.

I'm not sure if this is related to what you're seeing - but as this issue was fixed in Update 6 it may have had the side-effect of stopping Outlook identifying the contact so that the email can be sent to the email address that was clicked every time.