Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook does not recognize Act pad file

Outlook does not recognize Act pad file

Hi,

I just reinstalled Act 10 on my new laptop computer.  Its running Vista Business edition.  During this reinstallation I had a problem reloading the program because it kept asking me to register ACT!.  In speaking to technical support, they had me disconnect the Vista Administration security feature in order to reregister the program (I never used the program initially because I was having problems with my old laptop).  Now I am having another installation problem and Technical Service at Sage is saying that I have to pay to get this next problem fixed because the original registration was last November.  I am not a technically trained person so I need help to resolve an issue issue with outlook integration.

When I start Outlook I get a message saying "The Act! address book service is not properly configured, or the configured database Actcontacts.pad is locked". I go through the configuration process and it still does not recognize the pad file.  I initially setup up the Address Book through the "Set up Act! Address Book" in the e-mail setup.  The Address Book shows up in the Act e-mail addressing but not in outlook.  It's very confusing.

Can anyone help me!  Thanks in advance.

Nicholas

Victoria, BC

Re: Outlook does not recognize Act pad file

[ Edited ]

try this...

>>Close outlook 

>>save a copy of the db with a new name and open the outlook... this time you shouldn't see the error message

>>Now, go ahead and remove the address book and add the new saved db, close outlook

>>Open outlook and remove both the databases and add the old db

>>Delete the New Saved db from ACT!

Hope this helps!

Note: Pls make sure that we have a recent backup of the db before you do this

Message Edited by Narayan on 05-01-2008 12:36 PM

Re: Outlook does not recognize Act pad file

Hi Narayan,

I accidentally hit the solutions button by mistake.  I thank you for your help but unfortunately your solution did not work.  I copied the db as you suggested.  I even removed all the files from the directory but the message (with the original db pad file request) comes up when I open Outlook.

I went in and cleared the Act! Address book and db's from the Address Book Tab in Outlook but the only time the old db pad file does not come up is when I do not have the Act! Address Book / Mapi in Outlook.  If I have the Act! Address Book Mapi entry in Outlook even without any db indicated the message still shows up with the original db pad.

Can you suggest something else.

Nicholas