Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Outlook does not appear as an email client choice in: Tools, Preferences, Email & Outlook Sync

Silver Contributor

Re: Outlook does not appear as an email client choice in: Tools, Preferences, Email & Outlook Sync

[ Edited ]

My advice is simply remove ACT, reboot and then reinstall ACT as this is probably more effective as a first try to fix. It wont remove your database so that will be safe but might sort out the linking problem.

The Matrix still shows Office 2010 and ACT V18 as compatible so as long as any in version updates have not changed this it should still work. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author HaroldSJS
‎09-23-2019 06:01 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook does not appear as an email client choice in: Tools, Preferences, Email & Outlook Sync

[ Edited ]

As is typical when looking to solve an obscure comparability issues, most reply's don't pan out. But I still thank everyone for taking an interest.

I found the solution to this issue! I recall reading years ago that, even though ACT! is 64 bit software, it is not compatible with 64 bit Outlook or Word (MS Office Profession 2010). I wondered if my new laptop (Windows 10 Pro) made the automatic decision to install the 64 bit version of MS Office Profession 2010 with out ever asking me what my preference was. It did indeed do that!

I uninstalled MS Office Profession 2010 and examined the registry for any trace references to MS Office Profession 2010 , and deleted all of them. I rebooted my laptop, installed the 32 bit version of MS Office Profession 2010, again rebooted. Went to ACT to set up my email and it sees Outlook as an email client choice.

Thanks again to all for your suggestions.