Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook contacts & Act 2009 contact

Outlook contacts & Act 2009 contact

I am a Act 2007 user, I am concern about upgrading to ACT 2009. Since it is more integrated to Otlook, I would like to now if My Act contact database will be syncronized with all the users otlook file?

I would like to use Otlook email integration with act but I would not like to share the act contact list. Is it possible? How are you doing this ?

On Act 2007, you can select all the contact list  using SHift + (Arrow) then Ctrl + C , and then paste in excell like there is no security. The only security is export to excel, or share data. Is 2009 version open like this?

If any body has a clue of how to avoid 100% contact list to be exposed to copy / paste or Otlook sync

Thanks

Re: Outlook contacts & Act 2009 contact

Hello textronic,

I am a Act 2007 user, I am concern about upgrading to ACT 2009. Since it is more integrated to Otlook, I would like to now if My Act contact database will be syncronized with all the users otlook file?

No, the Outlook integration will not sync you contacts between the programs.  You'll need a addon like DoubleLook sync the contacts.

I would like to use Otlook email integration with act but I would not like to share the act contact list. Is it possible? How are you doing this ?

Are you meaning you do not want to add the ACT! address book to Outlook?  ACT! requires the address book to be added to integrate the software.

On Act 2007, you can select all the contact list  using SHift + (Arrow) then Ctrl + C , and then paste in excell like there is no security. The only security is export to excel, or share data. Is 2009 version open like this?

ACT! 2009 functions the same way with copy/paste from the contact list.