Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook contact sync question

wvp
Loyal Listener

Outlook contact sync question

Hi everyone;

I see that after sp1 ACT has the ability to delete all activities sync'd with Outlook.

Just wondering if the same capacity is coming to the contact side of sync?  I have several contacts now that do not sync with Outlook though they should. 

I have tried resetting the sync data several times per the kb article and while other contacts all come back, the problematic ones still do not.  Frustrating to discover people missing on my blackberry while on the road............

From Outlook, I do a one way sync with my Blackberry - so I can't see how that would create an issue between Outlook and Act.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook contact sync question

wvp
Loyal Listener

Thanks - tried twice already - no joy.  Still left with 4 or 5 contacts in Act that refuse to be sync'd with Outlook - including my own record.......

Is the BB sync'ing at the time?
Have you tried removing all contacts from Outlook first?
wvp
Loyal Listener

No - my bb was not syncing at the same time.

Yes, all contacts were removed from Outlook first - instructions in the kb were followed to the letter, I think.  I've tried it twice without success.

You might see if it's the Outlook dupe checking:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/resolve-or-delete-duplicate-contacts-HP010098541.aspx...

I don't find the Outlook sync to be all that reliable ... which is why I use Handheld Contact for my phones
wvp
Loyal Listener

Tried turning Outlook dup checking off - no joy there either.

Maybe try creating a new Outlook Profile and sync to that as a test?
You could try starting Outlook in Safe Mode and just enabling the ACT! add-ins:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/work-with-office-safe-modes-HP010354300.aspx?CTT=1

As I've said, I do tend to find it unreliable ... it can be working and suddenly break causing data issues in ACT! - you might be better off looking at HHC as I suggested above