Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and contact association?

Outlook and contact association?

Don't know if I'm explaining the problem correctly, but here goes...
I use ACT! 9.0 and Outlook 2003. When I attempt to send an e-mail to a group of contacts, Outlook opens a dialog box that says "can't find this recipient. I then have to "associate" with the ACT db, rather than with the Outlook contacts. Needless to say this takes forever, and it needs to be done over and over again every time I send an e-mail to a group. Does anyone have any idea how to go around this?

Thanks in advance.
Nickel Contributor

Re: Outlook and contact association?

Are you doing it as a "Write / Mail Merge / Email" ? You  first have to create a custom email message and save that. Then do your mail merge.

No. Generally I just click on the e-mail icon, write the message and then click on the group I want to send to. This worked well in the previous version of ACT! I used which was 2000. Is this not possible with this version?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Is the error the one in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/yteduo

If so, try the fixes suggested there

I looked at the fix referenced. When I click on those e-mail preferences, the options don't "light up" so I can't make any changes. I'm on Outloook '03, but I don't think that makes a difference. Also, I don't have an "ACT!" tab in my Outlook options. Could this be an Outlook issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you don't have the ACT! tab in the Outlook Options, have you added the ACT! address book to Outlook?