Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and Word links from Act open in background

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Outlook and Word links from Act open in background

I expect there is an easy fix but how do I get the email and word links from ACT to open in the foreground.  I have several programs running and when I click on a link to send an email or generate a document from Contacts it opens in the background behind the other programs.  How do I get it to open in the foreground?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Outlook and Word links from Act open in background

Can you give ACT version number, Windows Version and Office Version.

Also size and type of PC / Laptop / Tablet 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Act v20, Office 2013 so Word 2013 and Outlook 2013
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Also a Laptop Windows 10
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi! It's been a week can you help?
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Sorry for the delay in replying. We have had reports of this on small screen sizes but it does not seem logical as size should not affect how the screens are displayed. No clear answer as yet and it seems random as many tablets seem fine. As far as I know this is not registered as a defect and the cause is still undetermined.  Maybe an answer from one of the moderators would be appropriate.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

OK, so how do I get in contact with a Moderator? It is slowing down productivity quite a bit since I link to Outlook and Word a lot from ACT.
Highlighted
Employee

Hello,

Possibly one of the programs is telling Windows to give it a higher foreground level number then a new Word/Outlook window.
Try closing all programs but have a Chrome or Edge window open.  Does the new Word/Outlook window appear above the browser?

Thanks,

Carl

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

When I am on an ACT v20 contact and click Write email message (from Template) or other document (from Template) the opened email or Word document is pushed to the background.  The email is only behind ACT, which the word document is behind all open windows.  If I click Write, email message, the email window is in the foreground.

Why would template emails and word documents be pushed to background?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Try this -

In windows explorer (Windows 10) Click File - Options and alter Change Browse Folder to Open each folder in own window.

You may also want to try clicking View and near the bottom of the list under Navigation Pane tick show all folders.

Not actually fixing the problem but it may help work with it. (May look a bit cluttered so may not be an option for some people.)