Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and Google Integration After Win 10 Update

Outlook and Google Integration After Win 10 Update

Hi- 

2 issues on Act 2013 15.1.108 HF4

The more recent one is since my computer updated to Win10 Fall Creators Update:

Act was working fine in Win 10, but since the last update last week - it wasn't running (nothing happened when I clicked on icon)  and now I have to run in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3.

Now when I try to sync my contact with Outlook, I get a contacts integration failed error.

Another somewhat related problem - I'm trying to sync my contacts with Google and stop going through Outlook, but I get verification code incorrect when I try to register my Google account. I checked the boards and nothing seems to work.

Thank You,

Ken Silberling
Vice President
Capital Business Solutions
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www,capitalbbw.com
www.kenstrends.com
Administrator

Re: Outlook and Google Integration After Win 10 Update

I wouldn't recommend running Act in Compatibility Mode - this is sometimes known to cause problems.

Unfortunately Act 2013 is not compatible with Windows 10, it may be possible to get it working, but we no longer release updates or patches for that version, and it was never designed to be compatible with this version of Windows - so the chances of a Windows update disabling the program are high.

The best bet would be to consider upgrading to a newer version of Act!

However, if you want to try and get Act! up and running there are a few things to try:

I'd recommend disabling Compatibility mode then if Act still won't launch (nothing happens when icon is clicked) then take a look at this KB:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28752

If you're able to get into your database without using compatibility mode, test the integration features again - it may just be that these features don't work running in compatibility mode.
Copper Contributor

I don't have a problem running Act 2013 in windows 10. I can even run Act in windows 11 but if I do my data base is gone, I am unable to load it. I can go to open a data base and see my data base but it will not open it. The data base has also be renamed to windows 11. Since this is highly crucial to my business and not having the data base would be disastrous I have had to just reinstall a backup to keep it going.  With that said is there anyone who can tell me how to save my data base in windows 11.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Never heard of Windows 11 - what is it?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

I found that after I up dated windows 10 to the new 1709? ver. that it changed my data base and the file now had windows 11 in the file name.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Never seen or heard of that!

What is the exact name of this file?

David Shaw
Copper Contributor

Hi David, I have not looked at the files for some time and maybe this has been there all along. I am using Act Pro 16.3.11.0. The file comes up as Doc>Act>Act for Windows 11> data bases. This is not my forte so I just assumed that this major windows update which is causing me no end of problems just would be a windows 11.

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I understand now.

That is referring to Act for Windows 11 meaning Act v11/Act 2013 which is the Act! version and nothing to do with Microsoft Windows 11 which doesn't exist !!

It appears that you have files from an older version of Act! 2013 and you say you are using Act! 2016.

You should be looking for a folder called "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows" where your Act! programs are stored.

HTH and Happy Christmas.

David Shaw
Copper Contributor

Hi David, I have updated several times now and since I use a custom screen in Act it worries me each time I up grade. I kind of go by if it's broken don't fix it.