Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and Gmail

Outlook and Gmail

My company uses Gmail. I would like to send out emails through Outlook in Act and have the receiver see the email received by our company Gmail. I already have it set up with Outlook to receive emails from my Gmail account. I hope this makes sense.

Re: Outlook and Gmail

Gmail requires SSL ports to send/receive emails.  Because of this, you will not be able to use your Gmail account with ACT! Internet Email as there is not way to enable SSL.  Since you have Outlook already, you can setup ACT! to integrate with Outlook instead.

How to Add My ACT! Address Book to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003, Outlook 2002 (XP) or Outlook 2000

Nickel Elite Contributor

If you already have GMail setup in Outlook, you are ready to go.  Configure ACT to "connect" to Outlook, and add the appropriate rules in Outlook to attach to the ACT address book, and it should work.  (This is exactly how I have it setup).

ACT itself won't work with GMail, but that's not what you need, nor does it sound like that is what you have currently.  The ACT/Outlook integration does not care what account Outlook uses, ACT just wants to connect to Outlook (if that makes sense).

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I've been using this for quite some time successfully (ACT 11.1)  It does not sound like you need it, but I have a blog post regarding this topic...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Thank you Richard. My only question now is if this will work for me if I have outlook 2002?